- Sleep deprivation makes everything worse.
- I am not, by nature, a flexible person. I love predictability. Unfortunately, Heather abhors a schedule. I'm working on coping.
- Our upstairs neighbors love nothing more than to vacuum and/or shower. (Does all the vacuuming make them sweaty?) I never noticed until I had a baby to be startled by sudden noises when she's nursing at 3:30am and they turn the water on full blast.
- I have always taken the ability to fall asleep just because you're tired for granted. Apparently, babies don't know how to do this.
- NEVER live next to a preschool. It's annoying when the screaming children wake you up. It is both infuriating and tragic when they wake up your baby.
- A little Zoloft can go a long way.*
- Bouncing on an exercise ball is an effective way to put a baby to sleep. (This still makes no sense to me, but it's what works for Heather.)
- Bouncing on an exercise ball doesn't burn nearly as much fat as you might think it would.
- Grump is a verb, as in "Heather was grumping all afternoon, so we went for a walk. It didn't help; she grumped half the way home, too."
*Actually, I already knew this. It's just been several years.