1 package (2 ¼ tsp.) active dry yeast
1 cup warm water (120-130 degrees F)
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
½ tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. honey
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
¼ cup wheat flour
2 ¼ – 2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- In large mixing bowl, mix 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour, yeast, and salt.
- Add warm water and oil.
- Mix on low speed for 30 seconds, scraping sides, then on high speed for 3 minutes.
- Add honey and Italian seasoning.
- Switch to dough hook and mix in wheat flour, then as much of the remaining all-purpose flour as possible.
- Turn out onto lightly floured surface and knead 6-8 minutes until moderately stiff (not sticky), adding remaining flour as necessary.
- Put dough into medium bowl and lightly coat with oil or cooking spray.
- Cover and let rise 20-40 minutes (shorter for thinner crusts, longer for thicker crusts).
- Preheat oven and pizza stone to 525 degrees F.
- Punch dough down and shape to desired shape.
- Remove stone from oven, place dough on heated stone.
- Add sauce, cheese, and toppings.
- Return to oven and cook for 7-9 minutes until cheese lightly browns.