1. At her 9-month checkup, Heather was 2′ 4.5″ (80.63%) and 16 lb 8.9 oz (12.26%). We are very pleased that she is growing and chunking up a bit (relatively, y’know).
2. I am the worst mom in the world, so Heather climbed out of the bath tub last night (yes, I had walked away) and fell on her head on the tile floor. Fortunately, she’s fine. I, however, suck.
At 9 months*, Heather:
- is getting pretty good at sitting down from a stand.
- loves to pull things out of boxes. And when I put them back in, she’ll pull them back out again. Over and over.
- is learning to turn the pages of her board books (as long as you separate them for her first).
- is starting to eat finger foods, and loving them!
- bounces when she gets excited, or when she likes the music that’s playing. It’s adorable.
- has gotten over her fear of the vacuum and running water. In fact, if we go into the bathroom and turn on the water in the tub, she’ll come crawling in as fast as she can!
- has finally figured out how to drink water from a sippy cup! I’ve been trying since she was 6 months old, but she didn’t get it. Then, one day, it just clicked. And I am so happy she’s drinking water now that the hot weather is here.
- is cutting her first two teeth! At the same time. Fortunately, it doesn’t seem to bother her too much. Nothing a little Tylenol can’t fix.
Basically, we are having tons of fun with our little bear. She’s amazing and awesome and we love her so much!
*Yes, this post is very late. There were migraines and laziness and blah blah blah. But the good news is that I took notes and all this stuff (including the pictures) really was her at 9 months. Oh, and the 10-month post will probably also be late, as we will be traveling. Wish us luck!